Subscribe

THIS WORKS NOW! Click the button: Subscribe

Sunday, December 17, 2023

The Holiday Merger Party was a Blast!

I just returned home from our holiday party, and I am so overwhelmed with feelings of joy and gratitude! The party was super fun, and I think everyone went home with at least one book they are excited to read! Even though the White Elephant book exchange got a ~teensy~ bit heated at the end, we all got something interesting (or terryifying - my book has DOGS WITH HANDS). Thank you from the bottom of my heart to my co-leaders, Jessy and Sarah. Jessy, you're such a great friend and I deeply appreciate you stepping up to host the party when my house became unviable. Your spread was delightful and your house is always such a millennial daydream to be in. Sarah, you're my ride-or-die, and I adore your posts to this blog. I also deeply appreciate your record-keeping so that the club can keep running smoothly. It was great to merge the two clubs for a gathering, too! For those who don't know, the other club is called The Book Club that Shall Not Be Named, and we have quite a few members who hop back and forth between clubs! Also represented at this party was our nonfiction delegation, from Jessy's Quarterly Microhistory Book Club. Shoutout to everyone! Let's do this again next year!

1 comment:

  1. This was so fun! I'm so glad we did it, I'm definitely for merging book clubs for celebrations in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Meeting Reports: January, February, March, and April 2024

Well, once again I've been slacking on these. I don't even remember some of the discussions anymore, so I'll try to keep this br...